BARON is a computational system for solving nonconvex optimization problems to global optimality. Purely continuous, purely integer, and mixed-integer nonlinear problems can be solved with the software. The theory and algorithms implemented in the BARON software are the result of over two decades of academic research. BARON provides:
- A general purpose solver for mixed-integer nonlinear optimization problems.
- Access under MATLAB with a freely available MATLAB/BARON interface.
- Access under the freely available JuMP, Pyomo, and YALMIP modeling systems.
- Availability under the widely used modeling languages AIMMS, AMPL, and GAMS through separate licensing.
- Developer-oriented modeling language that facilitates custom applications.
Academic and commercial BARON licenses are available. Software manual, interfaces, test problems, and solver executables are provided for download.